Week of « Prev | Next »
1-20 of 198 items « Prev | Next »
Rick Warren's youngest son, Matthew, commits suicide
16 minutes ago
The youngest son of minister and best-selling author Rick Warren has committed suicide, Warren told his parishioners on Saturday (April 6).
Matthew Warren, 27, died Friday after struggling with mental illness for much of his life, according to a number of reports.
"Matthew was an incredibly kind, gentle and compassionate young man whose sweet spirit was encouragement and comfort to many," Saddleback Church, the Southern California megachurch headed by Warren, says in a statement.
"Unfortunately, he also suffered from mental illness resulting in deep depression and suicidal thoughts. Despite the best health care available, this was an illness that was never fully controlled and the emotional pain resulted in his decision to take his life."
Warren writes in an e-mail to church staff that Matthew had received counseling over the years and took medication to control his depression, but ultimately that wasn't enough.
"No words can express the anguished grief we feel right now, »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Drew Barrymore on 'having it all': 'I don't. I can't'
2 hours ago
Actress-producer-director Drew Barrymore has waded into the thorny question of whether women can "have it all" professionally and personally -- and offered up a pretty thoughtful answer.
Barrymore was a speaker Thursday (April 4) at the Fashion and Beauty Bloggers conference sponsored by Lucky magazine, and she had this to say about the notion of "having it all":
"I don't. I can't," she says. "I was raised in that generation where it was all, 'Women can have it all!,' and I don't think you can. I think something falls off the table. The good thing is that the things that stay on the table become so much more important. You have to choose your battles.
Pics: Drew Barrymore through the years
"I can't direct movies right now; I would miss out on my daughter. And I worked so hard to get to that point in my life, but it was a clear choice. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
David Letterman and Chelsea Handler trade insults on 'The Late Show'
4 hours ago
A couple days after her naked shower fight with Conan O'Brien, Chelsea Handler continued her tour of late-night shows she doesn't host by lobbing insults at David Letterman.
Handler was a guest on "The Late Show" Friday (April 5), and after discussing the O'Brien incident for a moment, they turned to all the shakeups in late-night TV of late.
"Nobody can keep their job for very long, it seems," Handler says. "I mean, you're lucky to have a job over here at CBS."
"I'm lucky to have a job, period," Letterman replies. "I don't care where -- I'm lucky to have a job. Mowing lawns -- I would be lucky to have a job mowing lawns."
Handler: "Well, yeah -- you're a small man." She tries to save it by saying Letterman is from a "small town" (although Indianapolis isn't exactly little), and they move on -- briefly -- to discussing »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Jessica Simpson and Eric Johnson set another wedding date
5 hours ago
After postponing their wedding for a pair of pregnancies, Jessica Simpson and fiance Eric Johnson are eyeing a date to really, finally get married.
The couple wants to get married about a month after Simpson gives birth to their second child, Radar Online reports. Simpson has said she's due in the summer but nothing more specific than that. The timing of her pregnancy announcement late last year suggests she'll give birth sometime in June.
That would put the wedding in July or August. The source tells Radar that Johnson and Simpson are "adamant" about getting married this year and scouted a couple sites in Hawaii during a trip there in December.
Simpson revealed on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" in March that she's expecting a boy. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Mark Zuckerberg's first website - from 1999 - lives on at Angelfire
5 hours ago
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg may have been experimenting with social networks as far back as 1999, based on what appears to be the first website he built as a high school freshman.
A poster at the Hacker News board discovered the Angelfire site, which displays some basic coding and links to a bunch of little Java-based applets he created. It's everything you might expect from a late-'90s personal page, including the dancing letters that spell "Mark's Homepage" at the top and an animated Gif of a yellow and purple Sauron eye.
Among the more amusing bits is the "About Me" section, in which he says "Hi, my name is...Slim Shady. No, really, my name is Slim Shady. Just kidding, my name is Mark (for those of you that don't know me) and I live in a small town near the massive city of New York."
Related: Mark Zuckerberg and »
- editorial@zap2it.com
'Evil Dead' scares up big Friday box office numbers
7 hours ago
The remake of "Evil Dead" brought horror fans out in force on Friday (April 5), snagging the top box-office spot in the process.
The movie, produced by original "Evil Dead" director and star Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell, earned $11.9 million on Friday (including $1.8 million from late-night shows on Thursday). It's now on pace to make $25 million or more for the weekend, ahead of initial projections of around $20 million.
The 3D rerelease of "Jurassic Park" took second place Friday with an estimated $7 million haul. That's in line with what forecasters were predicting and should put it on par with the $17.3 million "Titanic 3D" made on the same weekend last year.
Last weekend's top movies, "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" ($6.7 million) and "The Croods" ($5.8 million), dropped to third and fourth on Friday. "Tyler Perry's Temptation" rounds out the Top 5 with $3.4 million. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Danny Pintauro of 'Who's the Boss?' engaged to Wil Tabares
8 hours ago
Former "Who's the Boss?" star Danny Pintauro is engaged.
Pintauro, 37, tells Us Weekly that his boyfriend of a year, Wil Tabares, proposed earlier this week on a trip to Palm Springs, Calif. Tabares showed him a video "and in the video held up the box [with the ring]," Pintauro says. "I looked up and he had it in his hand!"
Pintauro and Tabares live in Las Vegas, where Tabares is an entertainer and Pintauro, who for the most part left acting after "Who's the Boss?," manages a restaurant. Nevada doesn't allow same-sex marriage, so the couple is planning to move to California "once Prop 8 is overturned," Pintauro says.
The Supreme Court heard arguments last week on the constitutionality of California's Proposition 8, which outlaws gay marriage.
Pintauro played Jonathan Bower on "Who's the Boss?," which ran on ABC from 1984-92. His other credits include "Cujo" and a couple episodes of "Highway to Heaven" in the mid-1980s. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Celebrities not worth swatting: Spencer Pratt, Rob Kardashian, Jamie Lynn Spears and more C-listers
21 hours ago
Sure, it's a "big deal" when celebrities like Selena Gomez or Justin Timberlake get swatted. But would anyone care if these celebrity swatters lowered their targeting expectations and went for some C-list folks? After all, sooner or later, we're going to run out of A-listers for the police to come and save.
Thus, we present our list of celebrities not worth swatting, chosen at random and via a cursory look at unpopular TMZ articles.
Note: We do not condone swatting of any kind, nor do we mean to imply that the police should ignore calls -- real or fake -- to come and save these celebrities. So don't get mad.
Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag: Speidi was once the most hated couple in Hollywood. Now... Let's just say their last big thing was a "Big Brother" appearance. In England. It's not worth it anymore.
Andy Dick: Sorry, "Dancing with the Stars »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Madonna visits sick children, sparks controversy on visit to Malawi
22 hours ago
Pop star Madonna visited a children's ward in a hospital in Malawi Friday (April 5), but her visit to the African nation has also stirred up controversy.
Madonna and her children -- including David and Mercy, whom she adopted from Malawi a few years ago -- have been in Malawi this week visiting several projects Madonna has helped fund through her charity Raising Malawi. On Friday, she spent time with children and doctors at Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital in Blantyre, the country's biggest city.
Malawi's president, however, has criticized the singer for her work in building classrooms for children, saying she "insulted the people" by not getting government approval before starting construction on the schools, the Daily Mail reports.
President Joyce Banda says Madonna "came unannounced to villages and made poor people dance for her" before building classrooms. Banda also says Madonna reneged on a promise to build a $15 million girls' school in Malawi. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Selena Gomez swatted on same day as Justin Timberlake
23 hours ago
Just a few short hours after Justin Timberlake was targeted by whoever it is behind the recent rash of swatting pranks on Friday (April 5), Selena Gomez finds herself targeted by the bizarre pranksters.
According to TMZ, a 911 caller told the dispatcher that Gomez's father had killed her mother with a gun that was among a cadre of 20 weapons. The caller then said that the dad was going to set fire to the house and burn it down.
Just this week alone, Diddy and Rihanna were targeted as well. Other celebrity victims of these time-and-resource consuming pranks include Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Tom Cruise and Kim Kardashian, among others.
While law enforcement officials struggle to identify just who it is behind these false calls, the hackers releasing celebrity financial information have taken credit for nearly all of them. No arrests have been made in the case. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Chris Brown probation violation case delayed: Rihanna did not attend hearing
5 April 2013 6:16 PM, PDT
The probation violation case against Chris Brown goes on. Brown was set for a hearing on the case Friday (April 5), but it was delayed until June 10, CNN reports. Brown did appear in court for the hearing, sitting by himself for 35 minutes as his lawyer met with the prosecutor and judge behind closed doors.
When the judge finally emerged, he ordered Brown to appear for the new court date. The court is looking into whether or not Brown lied about completing his community service hours, after they were called into question by the district attorney.
Though Brown was in court today, his girlfriend Rihanna was not. His probation stems from a conviction for assaulting the singer in 2009, the night before the Grammy Awards. The two have since reunited, and Rihanna accompanied him to a February 6 hearing. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Justin Timberlake swatted same week as Rihanna and Diddy
5 April 2013 5:23 PM, PDT
It's a busy week for whoever is behind the swatting pranks. After getting Diddy on Wednesday and Rihanna on Thursday, the pranksters got to Justin Timberlake Friday afternoon. According to TMZ, a 911 caller claimed four black males entered TImberlake's house, two shows were fired, and they left behind a box with blinking red lights.
Police have to treat all 911 calls as serious business, sending officers and squad cars to the scene. Other victims include Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Tom Cruise, Kim Kardashian, and many more.
It's been reported that the hackers releasing celebrity financial information are taking credit for nearly all of the swatting pranks. The FBI continues to investigate the celebrity hackers, but have yet to make an arrest. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Ray J's 'I Hit It First': Cover art is a clear shot at Kim Kardashian
5 April 2013 4:30 PM, PDT
Subtlety clearly isn't Ray J's strong suit.
The R&B singer-cum-reality star is set to release a new single called "I Hit It First" and the cover art he's shared very clearly spells out that the song is a direct dig at ex-girlfriend and one-time sex tape partner Kim Kardashian.
Ray J took to Twitter on Friday (April 5) to announce the April 9 release of his new single. In doing so, he shared a photo of the cover art -- which amounts to nothing more than a pixelated image of Kardashian in a bikini. Smooth.
The cover and the totally classy title aren't the only proof that the track is a complete jab at Kardashian and her current boyfriend (and baby daddy), Kanye West. MediaTakeOut claims to have learned that the song contains the following hook: "Hit it from north/Brought her head down south/Now that I'm finished/She's on to Mr. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Wesley Snipes released from prison after 2008 tax evasion conviction
5 April 2013 4:23 PM, PDT
After first reporting to a federal prison in December 2010, actor Wesley Snipes has been released. He's not free to return to his everyday life just yet, though. Instead, Snipes was transferred to the New York Community Corrections Office, TMZ reports. The office will be in charge of overseeing his home confinement.
Snipes will be under house arrest for the remainder of his sentence, ending July 19. He was originally convicted of tax evasion in 2008, after being charged with failing to file tax returns from 1999-2001.
The actor was denied an appeal in 2010, before he was locked up, and another in 2011. Snipes' most recent movie, "Gallowwalker," which is set for a 2013 release. It was filmed in 2006, as Snipes' tax problems were becoming public knowledge. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Jonathan Knight of 'New Kids on the Block' abruptly exits stage, apologizes on Twitter
5 April 2013 4:17 PM, PDT
Jonathan Knight, one of the singers in the newly reformed boy band, New Kids on the Block, abruptly left the stage without explanation at a New York City concert on Thursday (April 4).
The band was onstage at the iHeartRadio Theater when, during a performance of their ballad, "Survive You," Knight quickly and silently walked off the stage. With no explanation available to the rest of the band, singers Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Danny Wood and Jordan Knight were forced to make jokes and continue on with the show.
When a comment about Jonathan's bathroom break failed to return the missing singer to the stage, McIntyre reportedly said simply, "We love Jonathan and he loves us."
Although there is no explanation from Jonathan Knight about why he left, the singer did post an apology to fans on Twitter:
"I'm sorry......"
Since Knight has dealt with anxiety issues in the past, there »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Tom Cruise believes in aliens and wants to visit space
5 April 2013 3:27 PM, PDT
When space travel for regular consumers is finally available, it's not going to be cheap. However, for big time Hollywood names like Tom Cruise, traveling to the stars is a definite possibility.
According to the Sun, Cruise is definitely interested in making the trip, eventually. "I'm going to let a couple of other people test it out first but it would be great," he says, "I was always hoping when I was a kid that we would be travelling to different planets by now." Cruise made the comments at the Russian premiere of his new sci-fi movie, "Oblivion."
Tom also doesn't discount the possibility of aliens. The "War of the Worlds" star says, "It might be a little arrogant to think we were the only ones in all the galaxies throughout the universe," adding, "but I've never met one!" Cruise is a member of Scientology, which reportedly believes in an alien dictator named Xenu. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Disney layoffs underway: Even 'Star Wars' isn't safe
5 April 2013 2:56 PM, PDT
An unknown number of layoffs are looming at the Mouse House as the Walt Disney Co. looks to reduce their spending. Reuters reports job cuts are coming in the next two weeks, with a bullseye on the backs of the home video and marketing branches. The studio's animation wing will also see cuts.
The impending layoffs come on the heels of the surprise announcement Disney will shutter video game developer and publisher LucasArts, which the studio acquired in its purchase of Lucasfilm and the "Star Wars" franchise in late 2012. Disney says the move, which requires a separate round of layoffs, allows them to license the "Stars Wars" brand externally, while minimizing internal development.
In the past year, Burbank-based Disney has cut more than 300 jobs. Two-hundred of those were at Disney Interactive, the video game arm that now hopes to partner with Lucasfilm on "Star Wars" titles. At the time of the cuts, »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Kardashians sue former stepmom over deceased father's diary
5 April 2013 2:43 PM, PDT
Keep up with this: The Kardashian children have filed suit against their former stepmom Ellen Pearson.
Kim, Khloe, Kourtney, and Rob Kardashian are suing Pearson, who married Robert Kardashian two months before he died in 2003, over personal possessions belonging to their dearly departed dad.
Pearson is alleged to have held on to her late husband's diary, family photo albums, and a family holiday photograph. She is reported to have licensed portions of the diaries and photos to Bauer Publishing, owner of both "In Touch" and "Life & Style."
In the lawsuit, filed on April 4 in California federal court, the Kardashians and mom Kris Jenner say that Pearson is responsible for a "despicable and unlawful scheme to hold in secret and convert, and now exploit...private personal and copyright protected" material.
The complaint alleges that, at the time of Robert's death, he left the "bulk of his personal tangible and intangible property" to the four children. »
- editorial@zap2it.com
Gary Payton confirms his NBA Hall of Fame inclusion
5 April 2013 2:35 PM, PDT
The announcement of who will be inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame in 2013 won't be coming until April 8, but former point guard Gary Payton -- nicknamed "The Glove" -- has already confirmed that he got in. His inclusion was highly speculated prior to this premature reveal.
"Gary Payton very excited yesterday after getting word he had been elected to the Hall of Fame. Official announcement coming Monday," Scott Howard-Cooper of NBA.com tweeted. Payton later seemingly confirmed the news on his own Twitter account.
"Thanks for the love everyone....incredible honor, couldnt have done it without my great fans who backed me n motivated me thru-out my career," he tweeted. "Thanks everyone for your love never would of got this far if I didn't have all of u thanks a lot."
Payton spent the majority of his career with the Seattle Supersonics, though he won his only NBA »
- editorial@zap2it.com
'Anchorman 2': Nicole Kidman, Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson shooting cameos
5 April 2013 2:20 PM, PDT
Production of "Anchorman: The Legend Continues" is well underway, and it sounds like Ron Burgundy fans are in for a few fun surprises. "Stoker" star Nicole Kidman shot scenes in Atlanta for an uncredited cameo in the highly anticipated sequel, according to a report by THR.
Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson are also slated to perform small roles, and "Wreck-It Ralph" star John C. Reilly is rumored to make an appearance.
Previously announced newcomers to the "Anchorman" franchise include Harrison Ford, who will reportedly play a Tom Brokaw type veteran newscaster and Kristen Wiig, who will play the wife of Steve Carrell's character, weatherman Brick Tamland.
Joining Carrell in reprising their roles from the 2004 hit, "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy" are Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd and David Koechner. The plot is said to revolve around the news team adjusting to a high-tech world that craves a 24-hour news cycle, »
- editorial@zap2it.com
1-20 of 198 items « Prev | Next »


company.